I've fallen off the wagon lately, and I know there's absolutely no excuse for that. But with the start of a new year comes also a clean slate. It's a time for new year's resolutions. With that said, here are a few goals for 2013 that I have:
1. Hit the 250 mark (...and by hitting that milestone, get that skydiving expedition scheduled with Miss Kelly).
2. Do a better job with my exercise. My initial goal is to work out at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes a day. With an hour of volleyball already occurring once a week, all I need to do is add 2 more days a week to meet that goal. It's not tough, I know. I'd like to buy a recumbent bike for the basement and get on it each morning to start off my day. When the weather gets nicer, I'd like to get my outdoor bike tuned up and start riding. I also used to walk each afternoon in the skyways when I was at Capella. I slotted a 1/2 hour on my calendar and did it. Without the skyways now, it's much tougher to do that. So, I'd like to still slot that 1/2 hour on my calendar once the weather gets nicer outside to walk in the "neighborhood" near my building.
3. I fell off the wagon with my 5Ks last year. I want to get back on that wagon. The only planned 5K I have at this point is Goldy's in April, but I'd like to get at least 4-5 under my belt for 2013.
4. Track my food. Everyday. Tracking helps me stay accountable and know how well I'm staying with plan throughout the day.
5. Eat more fruit! Why wouldn't I? It's free in WW+ points. And it helps fill me up. I'm going to try to keep a full bowl of fruit on the kitchen counter so that it's the first thing I see when I'm heading to the fridge in search of a snack.
6. Travel. I know this isn't weight-loss related, but it definitely has to do with mental health. I haven't been to Phoenix to visit my friend Jenny and her family since 2009, so I think a visit there is mandatory. Following a page in the book of 2012 - the trip out to Devil's Tower - I'd like to visit a destination that I've never visited before. I've been contemplating driving a stretch of Route 66. I've always wanted to get overseas as well - specifically Ireland - for a long time. And I wouldn't mind a relaxing, warm weather getaway either - Jamaica, perhaps? Of course I won't do all of those, but any of those are options.
On the emotional side, it's continued to be a struggle for me. I've had to spend much more time at home than usual because I'm dealing with the sickness that's going around - head cold, coughing, phlegm ickiness. I hear my floors creak, thinking Sierra is walking down the hall. I hear the clinking of chains, like she just woke up and is shaking off her slumber. I still hear her. But Sierra's not here. I keep thinking that each day, each hour - things will be easier. Generally, it is easier as time goes on. But there's an occasional day where it seems like I said goodbye to her yesterday. Today was one of those days. It's the little stupid things - cleaning bedding, blankets and such - and cleaning out the lint trap. Sierra's doghair is there. I cry as I throw it away.| The angel and poem from my brother and sister-in-law. |
I've had such an amazing outpouring of support throughout this ordeal. The phone calls to check in, the sympathy cards in the mail, the concerned e-mails and the Facebook wall posts - I am so thankful for the friends and family that I have. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment