Sunday, October 23, 2022

Back in the saddle again.

Just under two weeks ago, I rejoined Weight Watchers...again. Needed a new frame of mind. A reboot. A fresh start.  I'm up at what was about my starting weight the LAST time I restarted. I've gone completely off the rails from a food perspective.  Eating what I want, when I want it. And stress triggers that even more.  

Since the last time I wrote, a lot has happened.  (Understatement of the century?)
  • Experienced a global pandemic
  • Escaped a toxic job
  • Started a job at an amazing company
  • Adopted the sweetest dog
Anyway, the first week on the plan was more of a shocker. I ate as I had, and tracked everything, and realized HOW much food I was eating. That showed on the scale on my first weigh-in last week. I went back to the same Tuesday session in the same location...it felt good to go back after 4 years. (I'm still the youngest one there, by a long shot.) At that meeting, I shared with the group that I was returning, and got so much support from everyone in the room - some faces new, and some familiar from when I had left 4 years ago.

On a completely random note: I'm re-watching Ally McBeal from the beginning. Is this a sign that I miss that "sexual tension" office relationship - specifically AWC? Perhaps. There was something about having that someone that my heart enjoyed seeing and talking to everyday, our weekly lunches out - and those butterflies in my stomach that went along with every minute of it. 

I miss feeling that way. I miss him.

I'm going to try to write more often about my journey. We'll see if I can stick to it like I do "the plan".

Recipe of the week: Egg Roll in a Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment