Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A dive...and then a plateau?

I was so proud of myself after the first week of WW.  I weighed in last Tuesday and in my first week lost 4.4 lbs!  I was ecstatic, especially since that week included the 4th of July where I didn't track and let myself indulge a little.  So, of course, being the perfectionist that I am, I looked at that 4.4 lbs and said that I could have lost even more if I would have been better that day.

And then I weigh-in this week.  I spent a long weekend in WI with the full family.  I tracked everything I ate.  I turned down the ice cream at the Windmill in Tomahawk when the family stopped there after a day at Jim Peck's Wildwood.  I had a considerable amount of activity.  I weighed in yesterday: a plateau.  No loss, no gain.  0.0 lbs lost.

WTF?  Seriously?!

It's these weigh-ins that infuriate me.  I followed the plan and saw no results.  I guess you can look at it and say that at least I didn't gain while I was on vacation.  I don't care.  I sulked through the entire WW meeting because I was so royally pissed off.

Anyway, I'm on an absolute mission this week to lose.  I golf in a league every Tuesday night, and instead of pushing my clubs on a cart this week, I carried my clubs for the extra calorie burn.  I'm focusing on trying to drink a lot more water each day.  I'm not sure what the rest of my plan is yet, but I'm making that number go down again, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment