Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ups and downs.

Last week, I was pretty pissed off at my 0.0 weight loss.  So, I went into the week with a vengeance.

I weighed in on Tuesday and lost 3.0 lbs.  Success.

And then I realized one of the reasons why I may have plateaued last week.  Most of yesterday, I was in bed in pain due to complications of Flo.  Last week would have been the pre-Flo bloat.  Oh yes, how lovely it is to be a woman sometimes.

This week, I also had my lovely yearly physical appointment (again, talk about loving being a woman).  Because my regular doctor left the clinic that I attend since the time I went for my last yearly physical, I just booked with whomever was available on that day to see me.  Bad idea.  I was paired up with a young, skinny male physician's assistant.  Completely unrelatable.  The entire time I was in the exam room I felt like I had a spotlight on me and was being interrogated.  And judged.  I told him I was in my 4th week of Weight Watchers and that it was going well so far.  He blew right past that.  "What type of foods are you eating?  Are you getting your vegetables into your diet.  Do you drink a lot of pop?  You should be exercising more often than you are."  It's not hard to look at my physical state and know I'll have a multitude of health issues.  Yes, I have an elevated blood pressure which is likely due to my weight, but it's not in the danger zone where I should be put on BP medication.  My cholesterol is low.  Every year I have my glucose and thyroid checked, mainly due to diabetes concern and hypothyroidism running in my family.  Both numbers always check out within normal limits.  I left the appointment with a multitude of emotions - frustration, sadness, infuriation.  The wind in my sails of feeling like I had put myself on the right path was completely taken away from me.  I will NEVER see this guy again.  EVER.

Me and Jenn, Winter 1994, prior to a
'girls night out'
Today, it's my friend Jenn's 39th birthday, and since it's also Thursday, I posted on Facebook a throwback picture of the two of us from my Freshman year in college.  I look at me in that picture and it's amazing how different I look.  Granted, ANYONE is going to look different after nearly 20 years, but it's still a shock to me.  Where did that time go?  How the hell did I get here?

I don't even want to be "that" skinny again.  I'm probably about 165-170 lbs in this picture.  Just getting back to "onederland" will make me happy. 195 pounds.  So that's my goal, and I'm sticking to it.

I leave you with a quick link for the week.  In summary - WW works.  It's amazing the things you quit when you're determined to see the results.  http://kelledee.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/my-resignation-letter-for-weight-watchers/


No comments:

Post a Comment