Friday, June 8, 2012

Damn You, Kung Pao

So, two weeks ago, I started a new job.  I'm no longer working in downtown Minneapolis and am instead working in a suburb just West of downtown.  When I was at Capella, I rode the bus everyday and had a very in-tact routine.  That has been thrown out the window with the new job.  I'm waking up at a different time.  I'm trying to determine what I need to put in my work bag to have for the day.  I need to figure out what commute route I'm going to drive today to minimize my time on the road.  And I'm so very tired right now - my brain isn't firing on all cylinders.

So, with that said, I forgot my lunch yesterday.  I prepared it - a Lean Cuisine, a yogurt and an orange - and left my lunch bag sitting on the kitchen counter when I left for work.  As lunchtime approached, I realized that with my new office, I'm near my favorite Chinese restaurant - Tea House (http://ourteahouse.com/Default.aspx).  I had a craving - a major one - for the Kung Pao Chicken that they have on their buffet menu.  It's ah-may-zing - sweet and spicy at the same time, tossed with red peppers and peanuts.  I haven't eaten at Tea House since I went to Capella - so it's been nearly 3 1/2 years since I've had this treat.  So I went ...and indulged on my favorite dish.  And as I walked out to the car - I groaned out loud.  I knew I had eaten too much.

I need to continue to figure out a way to get my mind off of the bad and onto the good.  And since just the discussion about this delicious dish has made me hungry, I will proceed to dip into my lunch and eat an orange.  It's not Kung Pao, but it will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment