Monday, October 1, 2012

A weekend away.

I house/dogsat this weekend for my parents.  It was a very relaxing weekend - I was able to catch up on a book I've been reading as well as make more of a dent in the 'Breaking Bad' TV series I've been watching on Netflix.  Things are so quiet at their place that it's just nice to turn off the electronics and decompress with very little outside noise.  It doesn't hurt to have a warm dog cuddling on your lap either.  True therapy.

My mom bought very friendly WW plan items...but she also had some tempting items that I usually don't have around my place.  I ate an entire vat - literally - of my mom's amazing home-made salsa.  That doesn't sound so bad, WW plan-wise.  But the amount of tortilla chips I ate with it were not so good.  :)  And on Friday, I stopped at the local Briq's for a medium ice cream cone with toasted coconut topping after making a good dent in my pocketbook for more clothes that fit.  I'm not much of a sweets person, but their soft-serve cones are awesome.  And can you really go wrong with toasted coconut topping?  I think not.

Anyway, I was expecting to come home to a pretty significant gain after splurging this weekend.  And I was amazed after stepping onto the scale last night.  A 1 pound loss, according to my scale.  Um, really?  I guess it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought.  I guess we'll find out the true number on Wednesday.  It's still a good feeling.

I leave you today with a quote that my good friend Mary posted this morning on Facebook.  I found it very fitting for the journey that I'm on.

No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.

~Unknown

1 comment:

Random said...

What a great quote thanks for sharing that! Congrats on your 5 percent!! BTW I had a frozen chocolate yogurt with coconut on it yesterday too! ha That's called have what your craving and just keep going.

Post a Comment