A loss of 0.6 lbs.
Really?
It was a traveling weekend, out of town to Southern California for 4 days to visit my aunt and uncle as well as two of my closest friends. I had such a great time. I was very active - I golfed (granted it was 9 holes, but I walked while carrying my golf bag), walked a bunch at a beach/street festival and walked each morning. I also ate fairly well - I opted for a salad at Marie Callender's and bypassed Taco Bell completely on Saturday night when we hit the drive-thru in Torrance after a block party. Since I've been on WW, I've managed to avoid Taco Bell - one of my former favorites - completely. I hope to continue that trend. I did splurge on a brat with kraut as well as french fries at the street fair this weekend. But that was really the only off-the-plan diversion I had. I will tell you this, though: hearing my friends tell me that they can see the noticable physical transformation and that they are 'proud of me' really does help keep me on track and continuing toward my end goal.
After about a 6 month haitus, I'm also back to writing in my journal as well. Though I typically pour out a lot of what goes on from a health/fitness perspective here in my blog, there are just some things that I need to continue to outlet into my personal journal. Keeping a journal keeps me get feelings out on paper. As I mentioned in my last blog post, I can very easily bottle things up inside, and this helps me with a bit of release. Somedays I write more...somedays less. Regardless, I think it helps me stay sane - well, as much as I can, for those people who know how truly insane I am. :)
| My old-as-dirt Casual Corner shirt. |
Today, I'm wearing a shirt that I got at Casual Corner several years ago. I've kept it through the years because I like it so much. It's a lower size than what I typically wear and I actually smiled when I looked in the mirror this morning at how well it fit. My waist is becoming more defined and I'm actually back towards something that resembles an hourglass shape.
2 comments:
You looked fantastic this weekend, and don't beat yourself up... remember, we ate half the ocean's worth of sushi on Sunday night.
OK you inspired me now:) I went to my first WW meeting tonight. I had done WW years ago but decided I can't keep trying by myself. Keep up the great posts!!!
Random
Post a Comment