Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken
1 whole chicken1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 bay leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. Rub chicken all over with seasoning, and place in a shallow baking dish. Place chicken under broiler for about 10 minutes or until skin begins to darken and crisp. Remove from oven and transfer to crock pot. Add in broth and bay leaves, and cover with lid. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for about 4-5 hours.
Nutrition Details: 120 calories; 4.5g fat; 0g carbohydrates; 18g protein; 0g fiber. Calculates to 3 WW+ points.
Recipe credit: Mom! Well, actually, she found it from LaLoosh.
Italian Arugula Salad
| 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar | |
| 2 Tbsp water | |
| 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin | |
| 1/4 tsp table salt | |
| 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground | |
| 8 cup(s) arugula, baby leaves | |
| 2 cup(s) cremini mushroom(s), also known as baby bella, thinly sliced | |
| 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved | |
| 1/4 cup(s) (sliced) uncooked red onion(s), thinly sliced | |
| 1 oz parmesan cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano suggested, at room temperature |
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, water, oil, salt and pepper until blended. Add arugula, mushrooms, tomatoes and onion; toss to mix and coat. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Details: 3 WW+ points.
Recipe credit: Weight Watchers Weekly, August 2012.
My personal review: Both were really good. Chicken was falling off the bone when I removed it from the crock-pot. It was very tender and juicy. I didn't have bay leaves - because I had no idea where to get them! (I was looking in the fresh herbs and I have since been told they are among the spices). Had quite a bit of leftovers too - which is always good. The salad was also delicious. I didn't have any tomatoes on-hand and I used a Spring Mix instead of baby arugula - it worked out just fine. The dressing was light and there was enough of it to coat the salad (that's always my fear - I hate dry salads). All in all - it was a great meal - and I'll be eating it again a couple times this week.
1 comment:
You can get dried Bay leaves in the spices section at the grocery store. If you use Bay leaves, DO NOT EAT them. You could choke. You want to pull them out once you are done cooking the chicken. Bay leaves are great for making fresh spaghetti sauce. YUM! You chicken sounds great!!!!
Hugs! Kelly
Post a Comment