(I apologize in advance for potential typos. Updating this log on my iPhone...)
I didn't blog earlier this week after my weigh-in, mainly because of the preparation for my trip to the West coast. I had a great week - a 3.2 pound weight loss. This was a huge success, considering the last couple of weeks have been lackluster. It also was a huge success, because it means that my willpower at the Minnesota State Fair paid off. Alaya also made it back to our WW meetings after a 3-week haitus, which was also awesome. She hit her 5% goal too. As much as I was happy with her, I was also frustrated because my progress has been extremely slow with the discipline I have had. I also have to remember that she is half my age (literally...18 vs. 36) and her metabolism hasn't decided to retire yet at her young age.
I have been dealing with a few physical health issues that aren't directly relate to my weight. I have a plan for what I need to do for those, but in the meantime, I am in some pain that I have to fight through. I am pretty tough when it comes to towering pain, but these last 6-8 months have been tough on me.
Along with the physical ailments, Ive also been in a pretty low emotional rut as well. Its hard to explain it, and I can just chalk it up to the depression journey that I have been on for several years now. You would think that weight loss would send me in the right emotional direction, but in fact, it seems to handling me in the opposite way. I hate to talk about my problems with other people, mainly because I think, "why do they want to hear about what I deal with when everyone deals with their own problems?" I just have to work it out on my own. My way of dealin is to keep myself busy so that I don't over analyze. It's a coping mechanism that probably isn't the best (avoidance), but it is what it is.
Now back to vacation. Gotta enjoy this Southern CA weather. Enjoy your holiday weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment