Monday, August 6, 2012

Article: 5-So-Called Health Foods You Should Avoid

An interesting read:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/5-so-called-health-foods-you-should-avoid/2012/01/31/gIQA6E7vfR_story.html
  • I've been into Popchips lately because of the point value and ability to curb my salt-fix.  I probably won't cut them out completely, but I will be trying some alternatives that they suggest in the article.  There are a few new flavors of Sunchips out there right now - they're all delicious.
  • I agree that the 'multigrain' vs. 'whole grain' can be confusing as well.  You're not always making the right choice.
  • I was on a Vitamin Water kick for awhile, and it was a great thirst quencher for golfing.  I'll be sticking with the straight-up water alternative.  You can't EVER go wrong with water, after all.
On another note, it was a good (yet very fast) weekend.  Spent time with my brother's family on Saturday, which is always fun.  Got out for a round of golf on an absolutely beautiful (and cooler) day yesterday.    Why can't weekends drag on like the work weeks do?  Time does fly when you're having fun.

Targeted official weigh-in is Wednesday.  Based on my home scale, I seem to be having a good week, making up (and some) for my bad week last week.  I'm also noticing that my clothes are also fitting better as well - my favorite knee-length jean shorts that I go to for golfing were literally falling off yesterday.  I'm still holding out to do any shopping until I'm really in trouble as far as too-big clothes go.  It's very tempting, especially since I got the golden ticket this weekend: a 30% off coupon at Kohl's.

No comments:

Post a Comment