Thursday, August 16, 2012

Recipe: Pan-Fried Jerk Salmon with Tangy Apricot Sauce

  

Pan-Fried Jerk Salmon with Tangy Apricot Sauce

1 1/2 tbsp 100% apricot fruit preserves
1 tsp prepared horseradish

Spoon the preserves into a small microwaveable bowl.  Microwave on low power in 15 second intervals until hot.  Stir in the horseradish.  Set aside.

1 tsp jerk seasoning or rub
1 small (1/4 pound) boneless, skinless salmon filet

Rub the seasoning into the salmon to coat all sides.  Place a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it.  With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to lightly mist with olive oil spray.

Place the salmon in the pan, smooth side down.  Cook for 2 minutes per side.  Reduce the heat to medium.  Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.  Reduce the heat to medium.  Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the salmon is opaque.  Transfer to a serving plate.  Spoon the reserved sauce over the salmon.  Serve immediately.

Nutrition Details:   270 calories, 23g protein, 16g carbs, 12g fat, 67mg cholesterol, trace fiber, 363g sodium.  Calculates to 7 WW Plus points.

Recipe Credit: "The Biggest Loser Cookbook" (2006)

My personal review: First time I've cooked salmon!  It was absolutely delicious.  I did make a double order - since I had plenty of points to spare for the day.  The sauce to accompany?  I added more like a tbsp instead of a tsp of horseradish, because I love me some horseradish.  AMAZING!  I could use that sauce on anything - steak, chicken, shrimp...you name it.  I'm definitely keeping that in mind for other meals I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment