Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Up and down the rollercoaster.

It's been up and down lately, both on a physical and emotional spectrum. 

I've been hovering around the same weight now for the past few weeks, with not a lot of progress in the right direction.  I feel like I've hit a deep rut and I don't know exactly how to get out of it.  I feel as if my body is adjusting to the plan and the change in eating habits, but not necessarily in the right way.  What's weird is that my clothes are literally falling off, but I'm not seeing that adjustment on the scale at all.  I've had to buy some new pants in the last few weeks so that I'm not going with the "pants on the ground" type of attire to work.  To me, that's a success.  But, it's hard to celebrate when I don't see it in the numbers.  Tomorrow's going to be another flat-line weigh-in.  I've been monitoring things at home, and since I'm right in the middle of the "lovely time" right now - aka Jess' 10-12 days of hell - I always gain about 3-5 pounds just during this time alone.  This, my friends, is not encouraging.

Emotionally, I haven't been all that stable either.  I've been in my "new" job now for 3 months - I hit that milestone a week from today.  It's hard to say that I'm contributing much after this short of time.  And, though I wasn't a huge social butterfly in my old job, I'm yearning for some sort of work relationship here.  It's hard to find that in this office.  We're only 12 people strong here.  On the predictive modeling team, I'm the lone woman of 4 (if you include my direct supervisor).  I think they're still trying to feel out my personality, as am I with them.  I'm more of a guy than a girl as far as personality goes, and have always gotten along better with the guys.  So, why is this so hard? 

I know I need to give both of these area more time and more patience.  I'm not a very patient person, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment