Sunday has turned into my food prep day. I typically come up with the
week's food menu, which helps me stay away from picking up the phone and
ordering out. I've done extremely well with that since I started on
WW. I've yet to call Pizza Hut, Papa John's or Dominoes as my dinner as I've been on the plan.
Considering I was doing that at least once a week before, that's definitely a huge
shift in my diet. I usually will sit down and look through my cookbooks
where I've ear-marked things to try and write down the ingredients for
the items I need to buy. I make a list of my 'To Make' items on my
refrigerator's white board and make sure that I know what my options are
for the week's dinners. I then get together all of the coupons I need
for said items. Then I grocery shop.
Grocery shopping is my most hated chore. Like my mom says, I'd rather clean toilets than grocery shop. So true. Why? Well, let's see - here's a few reasons off the top of my head:
 |
| My most hated aisle at the grocery store: the 'chip' aisle. |
No matter how good I feel my list is, I always manage to forget something.
Dealing with the inconsiderate d-bags that are
on their phone, leave their cart in the middle of the aisle and have no
concern for anyone else around them.
People working the checkout who have no idea how to bag items properly. (Luckily today, I had a complete rockstar.)
Most of all: the temptations. I
have to make sure that I go shopping on a full stomach. I then don't
feel the impulse of eating everything in site.
Today, I went on an empty stomach. For the most part, I was good. However, I got two items from the most hated aisle and not on my list. Though, I selected those items by scanning them with the WW app that determines point values per servings.
- Stacy's Pita Chips - Naked, Nothing But Salt - 4 WW points
- Archer Farms Sea Salt & Vinegar Baked Potato Chips - 3 WW points
So, just a few of my planned items for the week: jerk salmon (with my friend LD's kick ass jerk seasoning), pork chops with apples and sauerkraut (slow cooker, baby!) and sweet and spicy pork tenderloin. We'll see how they turn out - these are all new recipes that I haven't tried before.
1 comment:
Cooking Light magazine and a three ring binder is a great way to do recipes. We pull out a few pages from every issue and slip them in a plastic binder sheet. We'll go through the binder every 2 weeks and pick enough meals for 24 servings. That way we can eat out twice. Then I use a grocery app for Android to make my list. That way I only buy what I need, and I get everything I need.
Post a Comment