Last week, I left 39 activity points on the table as well as just under 20 of my 'overage' points for the week. I weigh in tomorrow and I certainly hope that the scale reflects what my diet and activity says. We'll see.
It's a holiday week! I think these are the hardest times to stay on plan, especially when there are delicious cookout foods hanging out all over the place. I'm getting together with my brother and his family on Wednesday, and it looks like I'll be able to stick generally to plan based on what we have planned for the menu. Of course, I can dip into those extra weekly points as well if I need to and I'm sure I'll earn some activity points by chasing my 3-year-old nephew around on Wednesday as well. Why don't they have 'Chasing quick-footed children' listed as an activity in the points tracker? Let's be realistic.
This week is also going to be a VERY hot one - I'm not going to get out for a 5K like last week since temperatures are going to be in the mid to upper 90's. I may have to dust off the Wii Fit and get some time on that - in the luxury of air conditioning.
I posed a question on Facebook about ideas about salty, yet 'healthy' snacks that are WW friendly. I had some fantastic feedback - here's a sample of ideas:
- Nuts - peanuts, pistachios, almonds
- Raw veggies dipped in koshier salt (accompanied by a lot of water)
- Flavored rice cakes
- Hard cheeses - parmesan, manchego, sharp cheddar
- Special K chips
- Popcorn (...this is one of my faves! Especially now that I've been able to learn how to do stovepop oil popping from my mom.)
- Pop chips
- Pretzel sticks (...this is my current go-to for a snack fix)
- Pickles
- Salted in the shell sunflower seeds (...if I actually had some coordination, I'd totally do this.)
- Pork rinds
- Salsa on carrots, celery
- UTZ salt-free chips and pretzels
- Baked kale chips
No comments:
Post a Comment