Friday, July 27, 2012

A smile.

Me, at 296.5 pounds.  Sierra with the photobomb.
Woke up this morning and got ready for this weekend's trip to bumble-F, and looked in the mirror and smiled.  Not sure if it's the outfit, but I felt good.  Felt leaner.  It's the first time I've really felt that way since I started.  My clothes have started to fit better - which in my eyes, is much more satisfying than what I see in numbers on the scale.

Speaking of numbers, the WW facilitator this week says that she regrets not taking measurements throughout her weight loss process.  All she has to go by were the numbers on the scale.  So, I've decided to take measurements on a monthly basis as well, starting on 8/1.  I'll measure my bust, my waist, my hips, and the circumference of my arms and thighs.  Of course, it would have been more satisfying to see that from the very beginning, but I can't turn back time.  I'm already feeling and seeing the difference in my stomach area.  And my boobs (of course) - last place to gain, first place to lose.  Heh.

Anyway, I'm off to the wilderness.  A weekend of empty calories in the booze I will be drinking.  Hopefully I'll offset it with morning walk/runs down the rural road with a very happy Sierra and some swimming tomorrow in the St. Croix.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment