Thursday, July 5, 2012

Article: Ideal Weight

I woke up to this article being on Yahoo! this morning, and I thought I'd re-post it.  http://health.yahoo.net/experts/losingitwithliz/4-myths-ideal-weight

Myth #1 is creepily close to me - maybe I'm being too ambitious by trying to hit 185-190, which is my college graduation weight.  Regardless of that being too ambitious, that number is SO far off, that I'm just trying to make the small milestones at this point: 1) a 2 as my first number and 2) 10% or down 30 lbs.  I feel that if I look at the more short-range goals, I'm more apt to stick with it.

I'm getting over my tantrum from Tuesday's weigh in and am basically flicking off the scale until next week's weigh-in.  Yesterday, though it was a holiday, was a VERY good day.  I had a delicious NY strip - my brother is perhaps the best grillmaster ever.  That, and a can of Honey Weiss, was my splurge for the day.  Otherwise, I had a serving (without seconds...monumental, folks) of the pasta salad I made, corn on the cob and a ton of the fruit salad I brought.   And I said no to the cupcake that I was offered.  Small things that will hopefully add up.

Supposed to hit 98 degrees today.  And I'm playing volleyball tonight.  Well, if I had any water weight on Tuesday's weigh-in, it will certainly be gone after tonight's match.

1 comment:

The Conscientious Communicator said...

Skipping small things, add up to big things! :) Go Jess Go!

Post a Comment