Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Looking GOOD, Billy Ray! FEELING good, Louis!

I posted this quote from "Trading Places" earlier on Facebook.  Some people thought I was just being silly, but it was truly how I was feeling at the time of the post.

I had my weekly weigh in today.  I knew it was a good sign when the WW attendant who was checking me in and weighing me said, "Great week!".  I had lost 4 pounds since last Monday.  Going into today's weigh-in, I wasn't sure how it was going to be going into this week.  On paper, things looked good - but I've been burned by that before.  I traveled for business last week.  And I was also at home for a few days, where my mom feeds me well.  I made good choices, though, and it obviously paid off.  The same attendant reminded me that I was just over a pound away from my first number on my weight being a 2.  I'm almost to my short-term goal that I set in the very beginning of this journey.  It feels like forever ago - and a long time coming - but it's that close to being reached.

I've been in a workout drought - mainly because of our real drought.  It's been in the 90's and 100's as long as I can remember, and that's certainly not conducive to doing any type of activity outside (by choice).  The last time I played volleyball, I was home the following morning with heat exhaustion.  I really want this heat to subside so that I can get back outside walking again.  My goal of monthly 5K races has also fallen by the wayside, as I haven't done one since May.  I'm hoping to get one on the calendar in August, when my schedule frees up again.

I am a little concerned about my blood pressure.  On Saturday, it was low enough for me to have dizzy spells upon standing up along with constant nausea.  My mom took my BP for me that night, and it was 110/55.  I typically am in the 130/80 range.  Since Saturday, I haven't had any issues, but I'm obviously going to keep an eye on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment